Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Am One

I am only one.
But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something.

And because I cannot
do everything,
I will not refuse to do
the something
that I can do.

Edward Everett Hale


Of Note: I can tell that this solitary nursery cat is a great thinker as he sits in his shadow house contemplating his next move. Or not as the case may be. Maybe he's just considering where he will lay down for a nap. Wouldn't blame him for that. When I first saw the photo by Marie, I wanted to join the feline on that obviously warm cement and bask in the shadows of the lazy afternoon sun.

Today's Weather Report: The 22 degree temp we had yesterday morning was apparently the low for the area. That's probably because we are in a depression of land, with Mossback Lake on one side and the Namekagon River on the other. You can catch more on the phenomenon of living between these two at www.whenthesoulawakens.org where an essay "Reflections From Mt. St. Mossback Monastery" has been posted under In Transition. This Website is full of useful information that has potential to envigorate the searching soul.

No comments: