Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love Everything

LOVE THE ANIMALS,
LOVE THE PLANTS,
LOVE EVERYTHING.
IF YOU LOVE EVERYTHING,
YOU WILL PERCEIVE THE
DIVINE MYSTERY IN THINGS.
ONCE YOU PERCEIVE IT,
YOU WILL BEGIN TO COMPREHEND
IT BETTER EVERY DAY.
AND YOU WILL COME AT
LAST TO LOVE THE WHOLE
WORLD WITH AN ALL-
EMBRACING LOVE.

~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky


Of Note: Love is not an emotion nor is it an action; rather it is a Way of Being, our natural state of existence. To arrive at this natural state, however, we must experience love on every plane. Thus, for our consciousness to evolve, we must do loving things, feel love while doing them and have the right loving thoughts......over and over for many lifetimes until we get into a habit of love. At first it is a struggle because the lower self does not recognize that it is a Divine Being of Love. Eventually with enough striving, the light bulb goes off and recognition after recognition pours in until the Path back to the Father's house is trod. This trek is inevitable, and we have been assured that no matter what it looks like from the outside, all paths lead to the same Source. It is the timing that differs. Some take the more difficult path up the mountain while most take the longer path around it. No matter. Striving toward Love starts it all.

Today's Weather Report: Here I go on again about it being a balmy 22 degrees Fahrenheit but that is indeed the case. It doesn't beat the 70 degrees in Texas or Florida. I got to hear about this truly balmy weather from my Mom and daughter today as we chatted on the phone. They wanted to wish me a happy birthday as did many others by email. I appreciate the outreach from each and every one as today was a quiet day here with little going on. This marks the third anniversary of my George W. Bush Time Capsule in which I put articles about him during his last year in office. It was that year in particular that he was truly disliked. I plan to open this time capsule in 2034 when I am 80 to see how the world has judged him. If I am not here, I've asked my daughter to do so and, rest assured, I will be watching from the other side.

No comments: