Sunday, January 24, 2010

Smiling Muscles

IT TAKES HALF AS MANY
MUSCLES TO SMILE AS
IT DOES TO FROWN.
AND IT MAKES YOU AND
OTHERS FEEL TWICE AS GOOD.

~ www.wearewhatwedo.org

Of Note: Readers of this blog may think that I'm stuck on getting everyone to smile more. Actually, the readers would have gotten it right. That it takes half as many muscles to smile as it does to frown is just one more good reason to do it regularly. I would bet that our faces say thanks every time we smile as well because it relieves the facial fatigue brought on my frowning. Besides that, it doesn't cost a dime. This suggestion is brought to us by the We Are What We Do organization, which lists 50 such ideas in their book, Change the World for Ten Bucks: Small Actions X Lots of People = BIG CHANGE. Guess that title says it all.

Today's Weather Report: Well, I thought yesterday was going to be the bad weather day as far as our weekend sleet-snow storm went. But, no, that would be today. It was raining when I let the puppies out at 5 am, but that changed to sticky, wet snow by later in the morning. And I mean WET snow. Shoveling the stuff was like lifting wet glue. What a strange consistency! Jim had a heck of time snow plowing. The doggies were his companions, and they liked the uber-bumpy ride not one bit. I thought it was a perfect day to bundle up and read a good book. Marie's flower picture made me smile and remember that spring is just around the corner. Thanks, Sis, for sharing these photos, which grace this blog most every day!




No comments: