Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Grace to Transform

WE MUST NOT WISH FOR
THE DISAPPEARANCE
OF OUR TROUBLES
BUT FOR THE GRACE TO
TRANSFORMS THEM.

~Simone Weil



Of Note: Troubles are a gift from our soul to get us moving in the right direction. Once we know that, we are free. Not necessarily free of troubles, but free of fretting about them. Mothers in particular sacrifice themselves to transformation through troubles. Sometimes with grace, sometimes not. The umbilical cord is always attached at some level, it seems. Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers who know what I'm talking about.

Today's Weather Report: Can you believe it was 34 degrees Fahrenheit again this morning? Out came the winter clothes again, though I was comfy in the pre-worn jeans my daughter sent for Mother's Day. She and I have this interesting relationship where she gives me hand-me-down clothes, shoes, and sometimes even socks. Several weeks ago I lamented that the last jeans she provided--my all time favorites--were wearing out in the seat, and I had no idea how to replace them. (Mind you, this was no fishing expedition; I really had no idea since I hadn't bought jeans for so long.) Walla, the answer arrived in the mail Friday right in time for the cold snap. Thanks, Daughter, those last jeans were getting a bit drafty!

News You Can Use Snippet: Check out www.ponderonthis.net for an unforgetable video guided tour through the philosophy of ageless wisdom. If nothing else is gained but relaxation, that in itself would be good. But I suspect that a viewer will go away with much more than that. Supposedly, the three videos were created by a "22 year old philosophy student." Reincarnation would be the only way to explain how that is possible. But you be the judge.

No comments: