Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm Late! I'm Late!

I'M LATE! I'M LATE.
FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!
NO TIME TO SAY HELLO! GOOD-BYE!
I'M LATE! I'M LATE! I'M LATE!

~The Mad Hatter
from
Alice in Wonderland

Of Note: We live such hustle and bustle lives. We stuff our mouths with unhealthy food, work too many hours, have no time for sex, watch too much TV. The list could go on and on. In the process we don't pay attention to the importance of simply BEING. Most people think that the phenomenal world with its constant search for happiness is all there is. That is not the Truth. We know this because happiness is never really found. The circular search is never-ending. The only way out of the morass is meditation. Through meditation we contact our Soul, which is ever willing to help us discover the nature of Reality, with a capital R. It is not what we think and has no malls to keep us enthralled. Eventually, however, through the meditation process we find Joy and then Bliss. That was Buddha's discovery and can be ours as well. Can't meditate? Our divine discontent fueled by disillusionment will inevitably fuel the aspirational fire. Once the fire is lit, the time comes when sitting becomes the most important activity of the day. In the meantime, know that happiness is a seductive illusion, Service is the key and Bliss beckons.

No comments: