Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Ten Thousand Things


The ten thousand things
carry yin and embrace yang.
They achieve harmony
by combining these forces.

Lao Tzu


Of Note: Marie sent this mesmerizing beach scene from her iphone today from Galveston! Isn't technology wonderful? I can just about smell the salty ocean and feel the warm breezes against my face that epitomizes harmony of forces.

Today's Weather Report: Yesterday was overcast and drizzly all day until a big thunderstorm hit at around 5 pm. Did it come down! Today, the sun is out gloriously and at this moment the temperature is perfect--must be in the 70's. I planted some seeds from my brother-in-law three years ago which resulted in only little green plants for the first two years. This year, finally, tall spikes emerged that erupted in quite showy purple flowers. Thing is, after all these years, I forgot what the flowers are called!

No comments: